In this page you will get the detailed steps required in successfully applying for the University of Cape Town UCT NSFAS Application 2022. It should be emphasized that the South African government established this loan to satisfy the needs of deserving students who show academic promise.
Financial aid is comprehensive funding based on approved costs of study. The approved cost of the study is set annually by the Department of Higher Education and Training National Bursary Rules and Guidelines.
NSFAS will allocate funding to eligible students based on their approved cost of study; this does not include cover for clubs and societies or any penalties.
Applicants must check their My NSFAS portal for the outcome of their application. NSFAS will advise Universities of applicants and returning students funding eligibility status.
The registration (cost of study) costs will be submitted to NSFAS for eligible students after registration. NSFAS will only confirm the actual funding amount once registration cost data is received and processed by NSFAS.
It is important to note that NSFAS is not aware of the programme of study an applicant registers for until registration data is submitted. A student may have a funding eligible status, but registers for an unfunded course. NSFAS will not process/award any funding in this instance. It is therefore the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that they are familiar with the list of NSFAS funded programmes (available on their website).
Eligibility criteria for University Of Cape Town UCT NSFAS Application
UCT will receive from NSFAS the relevant application information confirming eligibility for funding.
All UCT NSFAS Application are checked against the following eligibility criteria:
- Citizens and permanent residents of South Africa
- First undergraduate qualification
- Financial eligibility
- If the student was registered at a tertiary institution before, and the number of years of registration to apply the N+1 rule
Note: The post-degree law programme is no longer funded (LAWP01, as well as the PGCE, PGDA programmes)
How do I apply?
Use the link below to the NSFAS website to register and proceed to complete your online UCT NSFAS Application.
How will my financial eligibility be assessed?
NSFAS assesses eligibility for funding based on the National Bursary Rules and Guidelines issued annually by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
When will I know if I am eligible?
The outcome of your application will be communicated by NSFAS once your eligibility has been assessed. The funding eligibility statuses are normally available on the My NSFAS portal after the NSC results are released. Universities will receive the information the same time applicants do.
Will all my costs be covered if I am successful?
NSFAS funding is based on the parameters set in the National Bursary Rules and Guidelines annually.
See Undergraduate Funding Scenarios for examples of costs covered.
However, a student will only be funded at one University. Should you cancel your registration at one University and register at another, your NSFAS funding may be compromised, if the study costs have already been submitted. UCT accepts no liability for the financial implications of changing your registered institution.
Applicants that are not NSFAS eligible may be considered by UCT for UCT GAP funding, within the GAP funding eligibility rules.
Can I appeal the NSFAS ineligible decision?
NSFAS normally opens an appeal process for applicants on the MyNSFAS portal. Please ensure that you follow the correct procedure. Returning students must submit their appeal at the Financial Aid Office.
The Bursary funding includes requirements that must be fulfilled by recipients. These include but are not limited to:
- Community service.
- Academic pass and progression requirements for renewal of funding.
- Funding limited to the minimum duration of programme plus 1 extra year for undergraduate study. All years of study will be counted irrespective of the funding source for those years of study.
Further information on NSFAS funding is available at www.NSFAS.org.za
Can I hold other awards along with the UCT financial assistance?
Funds are limited, and we encourage students to look for other sources of funding to cover their costs. You are obliged to inform UCT of any other financial assistance or sponsorship that you receive.
Funds released are used to support other financially needy students.
Is UCT & NSFAS financial assistance renewable?
Yes, funded students are automatically considered for renewal based on academic performance each year and the number of years of study. No student will be funded for longer than the minimum duration of the programme plus 1 year.
UCT NSFAS Application 2022
UCT NSFAS Application 2022
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- University of Cape Town UCT Application 2023
- University Of Cape Town UCT Application Form 2023
- University of Cape Town UCT Application 2023 Closing Dates
- University of Cape Town UCT accommodation
- University of Cape Town Undergraduate Tuition & Fees 2023
- University of Cape Town UCT Website
- The University of Cape Town UCT Alumni Connect | login
- University of Cape Town UCT Courses 2023 | PDF Download
- University Of Cape Town UCT Postgraduate Application 2023
- Peoplesoft Uct Online Student Self Service
- University Of Cape Town UCT prospectus 2023
- University Of Cape Town UCT application status 2023
- University Of Cape Town Contact Details
- University Of Cape Town E-Learning Portal
- University Of Cape Town UCT NSFAS Application 2023