You can apply online for the University of Fort Hare UFH application but in order to apply online you will need to have a working email address and your South African identity number and If you are an international applicant, you will need your passport number to use the Application Form 2023
Is the University of Fort Hare UFH application open for 2023?
All Online Applications to study any degree program at the University of Fort Hare (UFH) in 2023 are to open from 1 July to November 30 2022 for interested students.
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application. Completed undergraduate application forms must be sent to admissions-ug@UFH.ac.za with the subject line “2023 UFH Application Form” before the closing date of 30 November 2022. If by any you are unable to email the form, please post it to the Admissions Office with sufficient time to reach us before the closing date.
Please Note: All postgraduate applicants must apply online.
University of Fort Hare UFH Undergraduate application information
The links below contain the application form at UFH.
- Undergraduate prospectus
- Directions for undergraduate applicants
- 2023 Application for undergraduate admission form
- BA(FA) form for all Bachelor of Arts in Fine Art applicants
- BAS form for all Bachelor of Architectural Studies applicants
- First-time applications for financial aid are handled centrally via NSFAS. For further information on the application process, please see undergraduate student funding.
Postgraduate application information
All postgraduate applicants must apply online.
- 2022 Directions for Postgraduate Applicants for applicants intending to enroll in 2022.
- 2023 Directions for Postgraduate Applicants for applicants intending to enroll for study in 2023.
- Postgraduate Studies at UFH – the essential guide for all prospective postgraduate students
- Apply for postgraduate degree funding.
How much is the application form fee at the University of Fort Hare (UFH)?
The Online Application Fee is a non-refundable application fee of R80.00, and R120.00 for physical application and it is to be paid by all applicants (for online applications). You can use the bank details below to deposit and upload the deposit slip with the rest of your required documents.
Bank: Standard Bank
Branch code: 05 01 19
Account name: University of Fort Hare
Account number: 28 210 1357
Reference: Applicant’s name and surname
University of Fort Hare (UFH) application for residence:
A non-refundable fee of R120.00 closing September
Acceptance of accommodation of R1 000.00 before December
What are theUniversity of Fort Hare (UFH) application form requirements?
You will need one copy of each of the following documents and must be attached:
Note: These documents will become the property of the University of Fort Hare and will not be returned
- Identity Document
- Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Original Proof of payment of application fee
- June / September Grade 12 Results (If you are currently doing matric)
- Matric Certificate
- SAQA clearance certificate (foreign student and all undergrad nursing students)
- Academic Record, including proof that the Certificate of Conduct has been requested from the previous University / University of Technology / Technikon if you had registered at another institution
How to apply for the UFH using the Application Form?
Please note: prior to applying, every student must meet the required minimum requirements else your application won’t be approved. Click here for the UFH ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Step one: Pay a non-refundable application fee of R 120.00. The fee should be paid to the Bank details stated above, and the tellers must be kept to be uploaded to the school website as proof of payment.
Step two: Submit your application form and all the necessary documentation including the application fee before the closing date. An SMS will be sent to you informing you of the status of your application thereafter a letter of confirmation.
Step three: Current matriculants who qualify based on their Grade 12 mid-term performance are provisionally admitted pending the submission of their final matric results and subject to availability of space.
Step Four: Every successful applicant will receive SMS and an admission letter, together with a registration guide, which reflects the registration dates and orientation programme. It is important to note that all applicants who wrote the National Senior Certificate (NSC) are required to write the National Benchmark Test (NBT) before they are allowed to register for their 1st year at University.
Late applications or incomplete can be denied.
HOW TO SUBMIT UFH APPLICATION FORMS
Step 1. MANUAL SUBMISSION
You can submit your completed application forms by hand at any of our admissions Offices in Alice or East London Campuses.
Step 2. SEND VIA EMAIL
IMPORTANT INFORMATION WHEN SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION FORMS via Email
- After completing filling the application form make sure you save your form using your name and surname e.g. SAM MHLANA
- Scan all your other documents (ID, RESULTS, PROOF OF PAYMENT, OR ANY OTHER REQUIRED DOCUMENTS) and make sure you also save these using your name and surname e.g. SAM MHLANA
- Once you have all your documents please email email@example.com
- Make sure that your email address or cellphone number that you write in your application forms is working for us to contact you.
1. PLACEMENT PROCEDURE
- Once a completed application form has been returned, the applicant’s name will be placed on the application list of the residence of the first choice.
- Applications will be selected on application date, admission criteria, and diversity targets.
- Once an applicant is selected, a written offer of accommodation will be sent, including information regarding the procedure, conditions, etc.
- If the applicant is not selected for any residence, his/ her name will remain on the application list of the residence of the first choice for possible consideration during future placement opportunities.
- Placement in a residence does not imply that admission to any academic degree, diploma or certificate course, or selection course has been obtained. All prospective students’ final acceptance and eventual registration as students remain subject to compliance with the necessary admission requirements of the UFH.
- All residence related inquiries should be directed to the Residence Manager at 040 602 2040